Near/Far: A community-engaged dance process Fall 2020
Reflecting on our current realities of physical distancing during Covid-19, All Bodies Dance Project is embarking on a new, community-engaged project leading to the creation of a short dance film. Dancers from the All Bodies Dance Project community are invited to join choreographer Carolina Bergonzoni and filmmaker Gemma Crowe in a 6-week creative process exploring questions around distance, proximity and the spaces between us.
Near/Far aims to capture this unique moment in time and help each of us to stay playful, curious, creative, and engaged in dancing. Spending more and more time in our homes and in our neighbourhoods, we might be discovering new relationships with objects, parks, and our rooms. Perhaps we have a new connection with a tree or a crack on the sidewalk, or a view out the window.
Requirements for participation:
- To take part in this collaborative project/process, participants must register and be available to attend all the scheduled Zoom meetings. (see schedule below)
- Access to a device with the ability to capture video. (If you don’t have one a “filming buddy” could be arranged.)
- The ability to create your own short movement compositions based on the creative prompts.
- 12 participants max. Registrations will be accepted by first come first served. To register please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send you the login information and Zoom link.
- Thursday September 24, 6.30 – 8PM: Online via Zoom
- Thursday October 15, 6.30 – 7.30 PM: Online via Zoom
- Thursday October 29, 6.30 – 7.30 PM: Online via Zoom
For more information about the project read this full document.
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com